Pieter Smit Group specializes in the transportation, assembly and technical realization of theatre productions, pop & rock, live entertainment and sport events throughout Europe and beyond. By efficiently combining these specialist skills, Pieter Smit Group occupies a niche position in the market. Powered by decades of experience, we have become one of the leading transport providers for the entertainment industry in Europe.The Pieter Smit Group has a European network of own offices in Belgium, France, Germany, Portugal, Poland.
For the Pieter Smit Group location Nieuw Vennep we are looking for a
Project officer Fulltime / parttime (minimum 32h)
Working in Projects places you in the middle of an exciting world of Sports, Music & Theatre events, both within and outside Europe; you will get to see the “behind the scenes” organization of the large scale events & be part of it from the logistics side with a focus on the special projects.
The project officer works in the Special Projects department. Special Projects deals with all aspects of international projects from early stages of negotiation and preparation to the full cycle of execution and quality control. Does a client’s project include cross-border activities, unique destination or requires dedicated tailored approach? Then Special Projects will step in! As a Projects Officer you play a key role in cooperation between the clients, external agents & internal Pieter Smit departments including the drivers. Here is more on what the position entails:
Together with the Special Projects team you are responsible for the planning and implementation of logistics projects. You are the main point of contact for the key clients with their specific requests and have to remain available outside office hours during emergencies.
What will you do?
· You will coordinate the route, resources & drivers planning for special projects and act as a first point of contact for any inquiries;
· You oversee the progress of various projects and ensure their good completion;
· You prepare the documentation for vehicles, personnel and cargo;
· You provide drivers with all information they need for the successful execution of the job;
· You stay available for the clients, agents and drivers during office hours and at times during the outside office hours;
· You proactively initiate actions and think solution-focused;
· You remain constantly informed of the latest developments in procedures and processes;
· You alternate between administrative and practical tasks.
· Bachelor Degree in Applied Science or equivalent degree
· Prior experience of dealing with Business Clients, ideally in Events or Logistics Sector
· Knowing your way around the market of entertainment and sport events would be a bonus
· You can work on multiple projects at the same time
· You are flexible and able to work under pressure
· You pay attention to details
· You set priorities well and ad hoc tasks are taken care of immediately
· You carry yourself professionally as a representative of Pieter Smit when in contact (verbal and in writing) with clients or any other stakeholders
· Your Dutch and English is excellent, both verbally and in writing
· An attractive and independent position within the coolest company in the Netherlands (and way beyond);
· A job scope of 40 hours per week
· A competitive salary and company phone;
· 25 holidays based on 40 hours
· 8% vacation allowance
· Fitness options at the Nieuw Vennep location;
· Every Friday the option to join the VrijMibo
Are you interested? Please send your motivation and CV to email@example.com