Pieter Smit Group specializes in the transportation, assembly and technical realization of theatre productions, pop & rock, live entertainment and sporting events throughout Europe and beyond. By efficiently combining these specialist skills, Pieter Smit Group occupies a niche position in the market. Powered by decades of experience, we have become one of the leading transport providers for the entertainment industry in Europe.
We offer complete logistics solutions for entertainment and sports industry, including temperature-controlled storage, assistance and supervision, container rental, luxury tour buses, customs formalities and international air and sea freight.
We are known for our expertise and our commitment to deliver the best possible logistic service. Our drivers not only take care of a tour on the road, but will also assist with stage assembly and disassembly.
For our head office located in The Netherlands we are looking for a
Full time (40h)
Do you like to work with multiple aspects of logistics services? Does organizing run through your veins and do you know how to keep an overview, precisely when things are hectic around you? Do you have a connection with music, cultural and sporting events and on top of that: you have experience in logistics?
Then you are the one we are looking for in this position where you can gain a lot of experience. Because we drive as far as wheels can bring us!
Our Special Projects department deals with all aspects of our international projects, from preparation to implementation. As a Project Officer you work together with various departments and prepare documentation for vehicles, personnel and materials. You take care of the necessary formalities for cross-border activities and you provide drivers with all the information they need. You take care of the planning and supervision and you ensure a good completion of the various projects.
In this versatile position you will alternate between administrative and practical tasks.
What will be your job?
- You are responsible for the planning and implementation of logistics projects with a focus on distant destinations
- You function as a managing role supervising drivers and any employees working in the Projects department
- You are the main point of contact for key clients with their specific requests remaining available outside office hours during emergencies
- You arrange the logistics planning, the customs and cross-border formalities and documentation directly with external agents and institutions for all
- You coordinate the route, resources and drivers planning for special projects and act as a first point of contact for any inquiries
- You aid with and advise to the Sales department for customs clearance related cost calculations
- You proactively initiate actions and think solution-focused
- You monitor, document and report on the progress of various projects
- You remain constantly informed of the latest developments in procedures and processes
What is important to us?
- Master or equivalent Degree in Applied Science with a specialisation in Logistics and Customs
- You know your way around in the market of entertainment and sport events, especially outside of the European Union
- You have at least 3 years’ experience in the industry
- You can work on multiple projects at the same time
- You are flexible and able to work under pressure
- You pay attention to details
- You set priorities well and ad hoc tasks are taken care of immediately
- Your English is excellent, both verbally and in writing
- Your Russian is good, both verbally and in writing
- Dutch is an advantage
- You carry yourself professionally as a representative of Pieter Smit when in contact (verbal and in writing) with clients or any other stakeholders
- Opportunities to grow
- An attractive and various position within a dynamic organization
- A competitive salary together with telephone and laptop
- Never a dull moment
Are you curious about this challenging position and do you want to get the best out of yourself? Then we would like to meet you.
If you live outside of The Netherlands but willing to work and live close to our office, you are welcome to apply.
Send your motivation and CV to Digna Riemslag, HR Business Partner a.i.: email@example.com